Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pinterest Pro: When You're Potty Training


 
If you follow me on Twitter, I am sure you have seen posts from me lately on that glorious thing all parents must endure: potty training. I always assumed I would have girls and watching my nieces be potty trained, I knew it would be a breeze. Even my youngest niece Laiken, even though she had accidents in the night, was potty trained fairly easily. And then, God blessed me with two little boys.
 
Potty training is going to be a long, slow process with Gavin. He hates wearing "big boy" pants and begs for a diaper any time he needs to go potty...which shows us he is ready to go. Because of his speech development and socia development, he is in the 3-year-old class at daycare. Even going with buddies isn't helping like I just knew it would!
 
So, what better place to turn than Pinterest? I've found a few great resources for potty training and even a few places that had tricks I had never tried before, but I assure you I will be trying them now.
 
Potty Training Resources. This site has a ton of links to other websites that have potty training sections. Mayo Clinic is one of the sites mentioned, and honestly, who would have known?!
 
Charts. This is a great resource for lots of free charts for the parents that are going that route. I am printing out the Diego chart as we speak to give it a try.

Food Coloring Trick. I would have never thought of this! This is one of those times that I thank God for inventing Pinterest, because, come on, what kid wouldn't love changing the water colors?! And for that matter, what adult wouldn't?


For more cute blog posts, tips, and tricks, look into my Potty Training Board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment