Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just Slow Down

 

Dear Xander,

I remember the day pictured above so clearly. After a long struggle with high blood pressure all summer and being forced to be on bed rest the last month you were growing, I was just ready to meet you. I was so curious as to what your features were going to be, if you would be even-tempered or a little wild spark.

Your entrance via emergency c-section could not have been more opposite of your sweet disposition. I remember freaking out that something was wrong because I did not hear a cry when you came out. Then, I saw you in your daddy's arms. You were so content just being. You didn't cry and in fact, we thought something was wrong with you because we didn't hear a real cry for almost a month! And now, here you are my sweet, sweet child. You are even sweeter than that first day and just get even better day by day.

 

 
 
 
I constantly find myself taking pictures of you sleeping, taking in your sweet baby scent, and rocking you a little longer each time. I want to remember you just how you are, peaceful and sweet. You will be five months old in just a few short days and it makes me want to cry  that we are almost halfway to your first birthday. You are my baby, why can't you stay my baby forever?
 




Inevitably, I know you must grow. All I am asking is please, just slow down.

Love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment