Monday, January 7, 2013

Brothers

 
 
"There's no love like the love for a brother.
There's no love like a love from a brother."
-Terri Guillements
 
 
I grew up with two sisters, who were twins, and 8 years older than me. We were close (and still are), but I never quite understood the bond between my husband and his older brother, Cody.
 
Cody and Preston are six years apart, but they've got a bond like nothing I have ever seen. They communicate one way or another every day, play video games together, and now since we've moved back, they're even in a band together. I've never understood their bond because I am not as close to my sisters. That is, until I had my own set of brothers.

 
 There is a bond between brothers that is just as special as the bond between sisters. It is in the way Gavin kisses Xander. It's in the way Xander smiles and laughs at anything his big brother does. It is when Gavin is playing with Xander and I overhear him say, "Oh baby Xander, I'm so glad you're here." They never fail to make me smile or make my heart melt a little more.

Brothers. There's nothing in the world like them and I am so fortunate to know two sets of such great ones.


1 comment:

  1. Having had three brothers who were not always so close to each other growing up (in fact, the oldest two spent most of their time trying to kill each other) I would agree. Despite their differences they love each other in a special way. I count myself lucky to have had three such wonderful brothers in my life and to watch their sons in relationship to their brothers. The sister relationship is wonderful, too, but the BOYS, are a fascinating lot.

    ReplyDelete